Inspiro's Exercise Physiology is located at Lilydale Call: 03 9028 0153
Inspiro have an Accredited Exercise Physiologist offering individual and group exercise physiology sessions
What is Exercise Physiology?
Exercise Physiologists specialise in exercise and movement for the prevention and management of chronic diseases, injuries and disabilities. They can treat patients with a medical condition through exercise and help patients get fitter for general health and wellbeing.
But they are more than just a personal trainer at a gym. Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are university qualified allied health professionals with a wide range of knowledge about the physical and mental effects of exercise on the human body.
What can an Exercise Physiologist help you with?
Our Exercise Physiologist will design and deliver tailored exercise programs to suit your goals, medical history, age and level of physical ability.
Exercise physiology programs can help support people with:
- Arthritis and Osteoporosis
- Cardiovascular disease
- Cancer and cancer treatment recovery
- Chronic pain and fatigue
- Injury rehabilitation
- Mental health conditions
- Neuromuscular exercise therapy (Muliple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, Parkinson’s disease)
- Post-surgery rehabilitation, eg. knee reconstruction, hip replacement
- Weight loss
- General health and wellbeing
Mitchell Wright Exercise Physiologist
Our Exercise Physiologists are university qualified health professionals who provide safe and effective exercise programs to treat, prevent and manage people with conditions ranging from mild to severe and chronic, and any other conditions for which there is evidence that exercise can improve your health.About Mitch:
My name is Mitchell Wright and I am an Accredited Exercise Physiologist at Inspiro. I am incredibly passionate in helping the local community regardless of age, health status or background – there is always something that can be done to improve both your physical and mental health.
We want the local community to know that “Movement is Medicine” where they can get the right advice for their individual needs – to know they are going to exercise within safe parameters. As an Exercise Physiologist I can provide you with a tailored made exercise program suited to your lifestyle and goals whether you have acute or chronic conditions or simply want to check in with your current exercise habits.
Please reach out - I’d love to answer any questions you may have.
Group exercise sessions to improve blood sugar levels to reverse the progression of diabetes and prevent cardiovascular related complications. These sessions are a fun and enjoyable way to help you achieve your goals!
Exercise physiology for Cardiovascular Health:
I can provide a tailored exercise program to reduce blood pressure, reduce cholesterol through weight loss reduction, improve insulin sensitivity, prevent heart disease and improve your quality of life.
Exercise physiology to improve daily living by increasing core strength:
Exercise physiology will improve movement patterns through increased flexibility and core strength to complete activities of daily living. It can range from falls prevention to injury rehabilitation as well as strength and conditioning for athlete preparation.
Exercise physiology for Health Coaching:
Facilitating lifestyle and behavioural change through goal setting, motivational interviewing and guidance to make exercise an integral part of health and well being.
Exercise physiology for Back Pain:
Low back pain is very common; 80% of Australian adults will experience at least one episode of lower back pain during their lifetime. Back pain can be very painful but most low back pain is not caused by a serious issue and can be resolved by working with an exercise physiologist. Physical activity is an important part of that care. Exercise is great medicine for lower back pain. An exercise physiologist can reduce lower back pain or potentially stop lower back pain.
Exercise physiology pricing:
- - Medicare based Type 2 Diabetes group exercise sessions
- - Private sessions available at affordable prices
- - Bulk billed health care and pensioner card holders
- - TAC, Workcover and DVA sessions
- - NDIS registered provider
Exercise Physiology resources and advice
- See 2 stretches to improve flexibility and minimise back pain: 2-stretches-to-improve-flexibility-and-minimise-back-pain
- Fun local exercise for diabetes classes
- 8 ways to minimise the risk of osteoporosis
- Find out how to relax your back at work: Solutions to the problems caused by sitting at a desk
- Check out our mobility exercise group: Move for mobility exercise group
- Water exercise: Water exercise classes for joint problems, arthritis, back pain, flexibility and strength
- Move more and age better: Three out of four Aussies aged over 65 don’t get enough exercise
- 8 easy exercises and stretches to do on your lunch break\
- Get motivated to move: ten great benefits to exercising more
- Hydrotherapy Group: low impact exercise program
- What is the difference between an exercise physiologist and a physiotherapist?
Call Inspiro on 9028 0153 for more information and to make an appointment. Inspiro Lilydale's Exercise physiology is located at 17 Clarke Street Lilydale.