Inspiro's Diabetes clinic and diabetes education services are located in Lilydale and Belgrave. Call: 03 9028 0153
5 Reasons to choose Inspiro for Diabetes education, assistance and awareness
1. Free phone consultation
Call us on 9028 0153 and we will explain our services and help you find the best match for your situation.
2. Easy access - we have multiple locations
Choose from Lilydale and Belgrave. We also have free parking right next to all sites.
3. Friendly Staff
Our staff are friendly and passionate about their job
4. Free advice and information
We have lots of diabetes information on our blog (here)
5. Affordable pricing
We are a not for profit organisation, so our pricing is affordable and in most cases lower than competitors.
Inspiro diabetes clinic - Integrated Diabetes Education and Assessment Service (IDEAS)
The Integrated Diabetes Education and Assessment Service at Inspiro supports clients to self-manage their Type 2 Diabetes, helping to prevent some of the complications that come from diabetes like blindness, kidney disease and other issues that can arise if people with diabetes are not looked after well.
The clinic provides a specialised diabetes care team focus, aiming to prevent people’s symptoms worsening and requiring hospitalisation by providing effective diabetes management and treatment.
Endocrinologists, credentialed diabetes nurse educators, nurses and allied health practitioners assist clients
The clinic provides care in a community setting and includes an endocrinologist, credentialed diabetes nurse educators, nurses and allied health practitioners including podiatrists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and dentists. The clinic provides services in one place, at the one time, diverting care out of the hospital setting and reducing demand in our local hospitals whilst providing convenience to clients.
Forming partnerships between community health, local hospitals and general practice
Inspiro Community Health Service aims to improve access and the health of people living in the Yarra Ranges. Strong partnerships between community health, local hospitals and general practice mean that we can strive to provide effective diabetes care, based in people’s communities, delivered in a way that means they are actively engaged to achieve the health outcomes they want.
Find out more here.
Diabetes groups, support and programs at Inspiro
Understanding Diabetes Course
This is a four week course for people with type 2 diabetes to learn how to manage their condition with confidence. This course is $7 per session.
Healthy Living Support Program
A 12-month program where you are assigned a dedicated health worker to help you set and reach your health goals and link you to other health services.. Find out more here.
Diabetes Assessment Service
This is a free service for people with diabetes. It includes an initial assessment and referral to Inspiro's Dietitian, Podiatrist and Diabetes Nurse Educator as required. Call 9028 0153.
Each session runs for approximately 90 minutes.
Life! Program - not for people diagnosed with diabetes
Being active, maintaining a healthy weight and eating healthy are just some of the important lifestyle changes you can make to reduce your risk of diabetes, heart disease and stroke. This FREE Diabetes Australia VIC program includes one individual and five group sessions with a health professional.
- Diabetes, heart disease and stroke
- Healthy eating and weight control
- Physical activity
- Stress management and improving sleep patterns
- Goal setting and managing lapses
- Get support and motivation to achieve and maintain healthy lifestyle goals!
Important resources for people living with diabetes
- Fun exercise for diabetes program: Exercise-for-diabetes
- Inspiro diabetes clinic - Integrated Diabetes Education and Assessment Service (IDEAS)
- We offer a course for people living with type 2 Diabetes: Understanding diabetes a course for people living with type 2 diabetes
- Inspiro's Diabetes education and nurse based programs: Diabetes-educators-nurse-services
- 7 foot problems that might mean you have diabetes
- People with diabetes have a greater risk of oral health problems: 5 oral health tips for people with diabetes
- Services and groups from our diabetes educators and nurses: provided at both Inspiro Lilydale and Inspiro Belgrave
- Reduce your risk of diabetes, heart disease and stroke with Inspiro's Life! Program
- Cholesterol problems are increasing in Australian's: 6 ways to decrease your bad cholesterol
- Free one on one appointment with a nurse who will check your health, help you to set goals and meet with you regularly. Your nurse will connect you to other health professionals such as dietitians, physiotherapists and counsellors, to help you achieve your goals
- Learn to shop smarter at the supermarket with dietitian Tracey Higgins
How much does it cost?
Diabetes education session fees can be found in the 'Inspiro Fees' download below.
For group prices please call us on 9738 8801.
How do I make an appointment for my diabetes?
Call us on 9028 0153 to book.
How do I get to the Inspiro diabetes clinic?
Inspiro is a not-for-profit health service that provides diabetes education, a diabetes health clinic and many other health services to residents of suburbs including but not limited to:
Badger Creek, Bayswater, Bayswater North, Belgrave, Belgrave Heights, Belgrave South, Boronia, Chirnside Park, Coldstream, Croydon North, Croydon, Croydon Hills, East Warburton, Emerald, Ferny Creek, Healesville, Heathmont, Hoddles Creek, Kallista, Kalorama, Kilsyth South, Kilsyth, Launching Place, Lilydale, Lysterfield, Macclesfield, Menzies Creek, Millgrove, Monbulk, Montrose, Mooroolbark, Mount Dandenong, Mount Evelyn, Narre Warren East, Olinda, Ringwood, Ringwood North, Sassafras, Selby, Seville, Seville East, Silvan, Tecoma, The Patch, Tremont, Upper Ferntree Gully, Upwey, Wandin, Wandin North, Warrandyte South, Warranwood, Warburton, Wesburn, Wonga Park, Woori Yallock, Yarra Valley, Yarra Glen, Yarra Junction and Yellingbo.