Inspiro have general, family counselling, drug and alcohol counselling, counselling for anxiety, depression, loss and grief, Peri Natal depression assistance, counselling for social anxiety and development of social skills, counselling for adults with high functioning ASD/Asperger’s, youth counselling, help with eating disorders and support groups and programs.
Inspiro welcomes everyone, including those with or without health care and pensioner concession cards and private health insurance (we offer on the spot claims).
Learn from cyber safety experts how you can keep your children safe online
In June 2019 we ran our first How To Keep Your Kids Safe Online forum at the Belgrave Community Hub. The event was so popular that we are now running three more on Tuesday 20th August, Tuesday 22nd October and Wednesday 20th November.
Our counselling services include:
- General counselling (Lilydale, Healesville, Belgrave)
- Youth and young adult counselling (Lilydale, Healesville, Belgrave)
- Private psychology services (Lilydale)
- Drug and alcohol counselling (Lilydale, Belgrave)
- Family violence counselling (Lilydale, Belgrave)
- Support groups and programs.
Our counselling and psychology services include
1. Free phone consultation
Call us on 9028 0153 and we will explain our services and help you find the best match for your situation.
2. Easy access - we have multiple locations
Choose from Lilydale. Belgrave or Healesville. We also have free parking right next to all sites.
3. A wide choice of counsellors and a diverse team
We have eleven counselling and psychology professionals who have a range of backgrounds, ages and experience.
4. Extended counselling hours
If you need to see a counsellor out of hours then let us know and we'll do our best to see you when you need us.
- See our psychology services page here: Private psychology services
- Read about Counselling for depression anxiety and stress here: Counselling for depression anxiety and stress
- 14 tips for parents with teenagers from teen expert Louise Hayes: 14 teenager tips
- Find out about were our staff came from, what they enjoy and why they do what they do here
- 5 signs that your child is spending too much time online: What too much screen time is doing to everyday family life
- Over 65% of teens have experienced cyber bullying: Here are 5 ways to protect your children online
- When mean girls make your daughter’s life hell: The negative side effects of social media: cyber bullying
- Learn about Inspiro's free youth, young adult and family counselling: Free youth and family counselling
- Find out how a mother was able to help her struggling son at high school: Transition to high school
- For teens, how to deal with school and parents: Stressed depressed or anxious at school: How to deal
- Depression and anxiety are among the most common health conditions experienced by men
- The male suicide crisis is 3 times worse than previously thought
- What too much screen time is doing to teenagers: Too much screen time is causing serious damage
- Free social skills group for young people with autism: Social skills development group for youth aged 12–17 years with autism
- The top ten issues of personal concern for young people are...
- The day my high school results were released was devastating: Coping with disappointing year 12 results
- Why we get stressed around Christmas and New Year: 8 Ways to reduce your festive stress and anxiety
- Support, psychology and counselling for stress, depression and anxiety
- Do you ever feel stuck as a parent? Here are 10 ways to build relationships with your teen children
- More information about our free counselling service for youth and families in the Yarra Ranges
- My daughter was sobbing. I asked her what was wrong, but she was too upset to answer... do you know who your kids are talking to online?
- The startling effects of technology on children
- Inspiro provides a Medication Support Service program aimed at preventing pharmaceutical drug overdose
- Outer East Opening Doors Community Leadership Program
If you are not able to get through to us by calling 9028 0153 then click the button below for more information:
Groups and programs
- Finding Me Being Free
Finding Me Being Free is an 8-week group for women affected by past or current family violence issues.
This is an 8-week group for women who have experienced past or current issues of family violence/abuse in their relationships..Topics include
- Finding my strengths.
- Managing power and control issues.
- Finding equality in relationships.
- Options to increase safety.
- Effects of abuse on children and how supportive parenting helps.
Where: Lilydale. Cost: Free. To book call Inspiro on 9028 0153.
- Free youth counselling services at Lilydale and Belgrave
A free counselling service for young people between 12 – 25 years who may be dealing with depression, anxiety, bullying, harassment or managing relationships. The service will be helpful for young people who may be feeling down, stressed out, anxious or confused, or need help to gain life skills and build their confidence.
- Social skills group for youth and teens
This group is for young people aged 12-17 who are are on the autism spectrum and is provided at no charge. The program is run by Inspiro Community Health and funded by the Yarra Ranges Council. Participants can learn skills to help solve social problems, manage emotions and interact with others in a variety of ways. Learn more.
- Stop Smoking Service
Do you want to quit smoking but you’re finding it difficult? Our staff can help you to quite, teach you about nicotine replacement and give you strategies that will boost your chance of success.
Call us now on 03 9028 0153 to book an appointment. Read more here.
- Road to Recovery
Our counsellors understand how hard it can be to go it alone. Road to Recovery is a welcoming support group for those recovering from drug and alcohol addiction. Call 9028 0153 to book or find out more here.
- Medication Support Service to prevent pharmaceutical drug overdose
Inspiro community health provides a Medication Support Service program aimed at preventing pharmaceutical drug overdose, for referrals phone the Medication Support Service on 03 9810 3084. Learn more about our Medication Support Service program here.
How much does counselling cost?
Fees for counselling sessions can be found in the 'Inspiro Fees' download below. (Youth and young adult counselling is free - funded by the Yarra Ranges Council).
Inspiro provides family counselling, psychology, counselling for depression and grief and youth counselling services to the outer east and outer south eastern suburbs of Melbourne including but no limited to: Badger Creek, Bayswater, Bayswater North, Belgrave, Belgrave Heights, Belgrave South, Boronia, Chirnside Park, Coldstream, Croydon North, Croydon, Croydon Hills, East Warburton, Emerald, Ferny Creek, Healesville, Heathmont, Hoddles Creek, Kallista, Kalorama, Kilsyth South, Kilsyth, Launching Place, Lilydale, Lysterfield, Macclesfield, Menzies Creek, Millgrove, Monbulk, Montrose, Mooroolbark, Mount Dandenong, Mount Evelyn, Narre Warren East, Olinda, Ringwood, Ringwood North, Sassafras, Selby, Seville, Seville East, Silvan, Tecoma, The Patch, The Basin, Tremont, Upper Ferntree Gully, Upwey, Wandin, Wandin North, Warrandyte South, Warranwood, Warburton, Wesburn, Wonga Park, Woori Yallock, Yarra Valley, Yarra Glen, Yarra Junction and Yellingbo.