Working across the Shire of Yarra Ranges, Inspiro is a passionate, local, not-for-profit community health organisation committed to providing quality allied health, counselling, dental and health promotion services to the Yarra Ranges Community.
We have a volunteer vacancy for a dedicated, committed individual to assist with the Interlink Program. The Interlink Program provides a structured activity program for adults with an Intellectual disability. The aim of the program is to provide a social atmosphere in which clients can interact, develop their individual physical, emotional, social and intellectual potential and further their independence. Each term has a theme around which activities are structured.
You will be involved with ::
- Assist in the setting up of the program.
- Observe the clients for progress and safety and report any concerns to staff member.
- Assist with delivery of program under the direction of the staff members.
- Encourage clients to be independent but be willing to assist them when required.
- Assist with the packing up after the program.
- Assist staff on outings with getting around safely and getting in and out of the bus or cars
- Assist in being a driver on outings
To qualify for the role, you will need the following :
- The ability to work as part of a team
- A willingness to work under the direction of a member of staff.
- Patience and good verbal communication skills
- The ability to work with and be accepting of a broad range of people
- Some group work experience and skills would be advantageous
- Full driver’s licence
- Current volunteer WWC check
You will be required once a week on a Wednesday from 10 am to 3.30 pm. Flexibility of hours can be negotiated.
Our building is located at 1616 – 1622 Burwood Highway, Belgrave
For further information and full position description click here, or contact Emily Renfrey or Alisa McBurney, on 03 9738 8801.
Please send your resume addressing the key selection criteria via e-mail to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 6 Mar 2020.
Successful candidate will be required to undergo a police check prior to commencement of volunteering. We are not able to accept student placements for this vacancy.
ABOUT VOLUNTEERING AT INSPIRO
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Inspiro and a wonderful source of inspiration and knowledge. Our volunteers can be the difference between running a service and a great service! They are the direct link that connects Inspiro staff with our community and they are a great deal more than merely a willing set of hands.
“Inspiro staff are terrific and enjoyable to work with – great guidance and I felt like a part of the team.” Sing, Play, Create volunteer.
Here are some comments from our volunteers:
“Inspiro looked after me when I was sickly. The water exercise helped me immensely and after a few years and a couple of operations I felt well enough to consider quitting. Just about then, Angela from Inspiro asked me to help as a volunteer. It’s been good. I love meeting people and each week it is like a big family get-together as we all exercise and splash about in the pool.
A side bar to this is that I have been taught CPR and basic lifesaving. It is good to be able to give something back.... and to enjoy doing it as well. Thank you, Inspiro, for this opportunity.”
I like volunteering for Inspiro to see the happy faces and doing good things for people. I have made some good friends in the local area.”
Inspiro appreciates all our volunteers, past and present, without whom we wouldn’t be able to deliver our health services to the Yarra Ranges community. Thank you to all our fantastic volunteers!
To express your interest in volunteering, please call us on 9028 0153 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.