Inspiro and Eastern Domestic Violence Service (EDVOS) are excited to launch a new student voice resource co-designed by young people!
The 'Take Action for Gender Equality & Respect: Student Guide' aims to support young people to develop knowledge and skills and take action to create positive change in their school and community.
The guide was created as part of the Ambassadors for Gender Equality & Respect' program piloted in the Yarra Ranges, where students involved helped to co-design the guide, providing input on the outline, focus and activities. It was written by GenderWorks, with contributions from Inspiro, EDVOS and Yarra Ranges Council.
How could the guide be used?
The guide has been designed to be student led, and supported either by school staff or community partners.
- Students may use the guide to help support their own journey.
- Teachers or school staff may use it to support facilitation of school-based programs.
- Student interest groups, community organisations or groups, home education networks, sports clubs or youth groups might use it to support on-going gender equity work.
- Health Promotion Offices or Youth Services may use it to engage students in these important conversations.
- For Vic Respectful Relationships Schools (RR): Student voice and leadership is a key part of the whole-school approach. This guide has been designed to support the RR initiative, and tips have been included throughout it for RR schools to guide this process.
Thank you to all the project partners involved in creating the guide: Inspiro, EDVOS, GenderWorks, Yarra Ranges Council, Women's Health East, Eastern Health, Cire Services and Cire Community School, Upper Yarra Secondary College and Little Yarra Steiner School.
About Inspiro’s full range of health services
Inspiro provides dental, physiotherapy, counselling, youth counselling, occupational therapy, adult speech therapy, child speech therapy, podiatry, child & family support, dietetics & nutrition advice, diabetes education, small loans for those in need. NDIS and My Aged Care and aged care services.