Being a young person isn’t always easy. It can be a lot tougher than it looks. The pressure from family, school, and friends… to always meet someone else’s expectations, to do well, to fit in. How do you deal with difficult situations or difficult people? How do you manage disagreements?
Trying new things for the first time can be both exciting and scary. How do you be your own person, manage risks, have fun and do things your way? It can be hard to make sense of things, or to feel like you’re being heard and understood. It can be easy to feel overwhelmed.
If life is getting you down, and you need someone to talk to, a counsellor can help.
Inspiro’s counsellors can help you with:
- Difficulties with school
- Managing time
- Strategies to deal with anxiety
- Stress management
- Feeling overwhelmed with life
- Social difficulties
- Increasing support networks in friendships
- Drug and alcohol use
They can also help if you don’t know what you need but you think it might be a good idea to talk to someone. Sessions go for one hour and you don’t need a mental health care plan or a diagnosis.
The sessions take place in a private space and can involve a creative approach including drawing or picture cards if you are finding it difficult to talk.
Inspiro offers free youth counselling
The service is free for young people aged 12 to 25 years who live, work or study in the Yarra Ranges. Inspiro’s counsellors can provide support to you from sites in Lilydale, Belgrave, Healesville, Yarra Junction or at other locations on request.
You can feel good again
- The 'F' Word... Family issues. Financial strain. Fights. And feeling freaking overwhelmed
- When mean girls make your daughter’s life hell
- Yes, boys do cry - how my son struggled at school
- School stressing you out? Feeling pressured, depressed or anxious?
- Feeling stressed or anxious? Here's how we can help
- Youth counselling and support services at Inspiro
- Space 4 Us support program for teens
Youth and young adult counselling services at Inspiro are funded by the Yarra Ranges Council.