How long will it take me to prepare and cook it?
This roast vegetable and walnut salad only takes 10 minutes to prepare and about 60 minutes total to cook. This recipe is enough to serve six people.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Nutrition per 225 gram Serve:
Energy: 954 kJ Protein: 9.3 g Fat: 14.3 g Saturated fat: 3.1 g Carbohydrate: 12.6 g Sodium: 613 mg
- ½ butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 medium beetroot, washed, trimmed & cut into wedges
- 3 medium red onions, cut into quarters
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lemon
- 6-7 walnuts, shelled
- ½ bunch parsley
- 100 grams fat reduced feta cheese
- 2 cups rocket (you can substitute the rocket for baby spinach leaves)
- Optional to add sweetness: a handful of cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place pumpkin, beetroot and red onion in a tray, and coat with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 1 hour or until vegetables are soft. Add zucchini and capsicum and roast for last 30 minutes.
3. Lightly toast walnuts in a hot dry pan.
4. Assemble roast vegetables, walnuts, salad ingredients and feta into a large bowl.
5. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and the juice of lemon over the top.
Extra virgin olive oil is full of flavour and high in healthy fats and antioxidants. It is a much better dressing choice than store bought dressings which are often high in sugar, salt and fat.
If you enjoyed this recipe try some of our other dietitian approved recipes here.
Need help managing your weight and diet?
Inspiro’s University trained dietitians, can help you manage your weight and provide expert nutrition advice to enable you to be your best, healthy self. Everyone's nutrition and lifestyle is unique so we provide you with personalised real-world advice, professional support and the accountability you need to achieve your personal goals.
Our dietitians can help you understand nutrition information, provide practical easy-to-follow advice, help you feel healthier and happier and get more out of life. They can also connect you to other health experts at Inspiro, like exercise physiologists who can give you advice on exercises to suit your health needs and achieve your goals.
To make an appointment with one of our dietitians, call us on 9028 0153
About Inspiro’s full range of health services
Inspiro is a not-for-profit health service that provides dietetics, dental, physiotherapy, counselling, occupational therapy, adult speech therapy, child speech therapy, podiatry, child and family support, nutrition advice, diabetes education, health promotion services and aged care services to the Yarra Ranges community.
INSPIRO LILYDALE: 17 Clarke St, Lilydale
INSPIRO BELGRAVE: 1616-1624 Burwood Highway, Belgrave
INSPIRO HEALESVILLE: 333 Maroondah Hwy, Healesville