To celebrate the Belgrave Community Hub Open Day on Sunday 14th April, Inspiro and Yarra Ranges Council will be running some fun and exciting activities for the whole family from 11am - 2pm.
Come and enjoy our Community Festival and Open Day on 14th April 2019 at the Belgrave Health Hub located at 1616-1624 Burwood Highway Belgrave (right next door to Cameo Cinema) . It’s a great way to enjoy some fun activities and delicious food, meet the community and find out more about the family and youth services that are now available at the Hub.
BELGRAVE HEALTH HUB
1616-1624 BURWOOD HIGHWAY, BELGRAVE
SUNDAY, 14 APRIL
11AM – 2PM
FREE ‘Parenting the emotional teen’ workshop with Psychologist Dr Katie Wyman
In this informative, FREE Parenting the Emotional Teen, at 12.30pm – 12.50pm, parents will get practical advice from Katie on how you can better understand teenagers’ emotions and find useful ways to respond.
Katie is a clinical and counselling psychologist with over fifteen years’ experience helping people understand and regulate their emotions. She has expertise in personality disorders and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) and conducts training and lectures in these areas. She recently served as a voluntary board member for the Australian New Zealand ACT organisation (ANZACBS).
Katie and colleagues developed the Wise Choices program and book. This is a group-based treatment to help people with problematic ways of managing thoughts and emotions such as self-harm and substance use. Katie runs a private practice and is the Clinical Lead supervising and supporting the Inspiro Counselling Team.
Places are limited so get in early and book your spot.
Click here to book your spot
BELGRAVE OPEN DAY EVENTS - REGISTER FOR EVENTS BY CLICKING YOUR CHOSEN EVENT BELOW
1. $5 (normally $12) curry from Babaji's South Indian restaurant
2. $5 )normally $16) meal from Digging for Fire food truck
3. Free sushi making (make sushi with Jess, and eat what you make!)
4. FREE African Drumming Circle Class (nearly sold out)
5. FREE 20 minute workshop: ‘Parenting the emotional teen’ with psychologist Dr Katie Wyman
6. FREE ‘How To Adult’ workshop with Aimee Stanton
7. Face painting (no registration needed)
8. Free smoothies (no registration needed - we recommend lining up early so you don't miss out)
9. Free apple coring with our dietitians (great fun for kids)
10. Colouring in and fine motor skills activities for kids
11. The Kellie Bean Coffee van will be on site
12. Door prizes: win one of tickets to Trees Adventure in Belgrave
ABOUT THE BELGRAVE HUB
The Belgrave Hub serves the local community as an active learning centre. A range of health and emergency support services can now be accessed from the Hub. Yarra Ranges families are benefiting from these allied health and emergency support services, including occupational therapy (OT), physiotherapy, speech therapy, counselling, youth counselling, dietetics, podiatry, Yarra Ranges Council's Maternal and Child Health services and emergency relief health services. Find out more about the Belgrave Hub here.