Come and enjoy our Community Festival and Open Day on 14th April 2019 at the Belgrave Health Hub located at 1616-1624 Burwood Highway Belgrave (right next door to Cameo Cinema) . Enjoy some fun free activities and delicious food, win a door prize, meet the community and find out more about the family and youth services that are now available at the Hub.
BELGRAVE HEALTH HUB
1616-1624 BURWOOD HIGHWAY, BELGRAVE
SUNDAY, 14 APRIL
11AM – 2PM
YOU"RE INVITED - THERE'S LOT'S TO DO
We will be running fun and exciting activities, including many FREE ones for the whole family from 11am - 2pm. There will be free children’s activities, face painting, food trucks, food/cooking demonstrations, drumming circles, apple coring, smoothie bikes (free smoothies on us), door prizes, entertainment, health information and talks by experts, and more. You’ll also be able to talk to our expert clinicians.
Some of the free activities include:
- For kids: Face painting, sushi making, apple coring, Belgrave Library Bus with story telling and STEAM activities.
- For young people: 'How to Adult' workshop with Aimee Stanton.
- For parents: 'Parenting the Emotional Teen' by clinical psychologist Katie Wyman.
- For everyone: African drumming circles, smoothie bikes (free smoothies), site tours, and a Health Expo with exhibitors like Yarra Ranges Youth, EDVOS, Women's Health East, Advanced Personnel Management, NEAMI and Belgravia Leisure. Win one of door prizes including tickets to Trees Adventure in Belgrave.
We'll also have delicious food available to buy from food trucks by Babaji's (Indian Street Food) and Digging For Fire (BBQ meals and salad). Inspiro and Yarra Ranges Council are also sponsoring meals on the day for 100 people (50 per food truck): people can purchase a lunch meal worth $15+ for only $5 (see below).
Ten door prizes are up for grabs. Win 1 of 5 tickets (including one double pass) to Trees Adventure in Belgrave or one of five $30 Coles / Myer gift cards.
COME TO AN EVENT
To book yourself into one of the events or purchase a $5 meal, click here Events--belgrave-community-hub
BELGRAVE HUB OPEN DAY EVENTS
REGISTER FOR EVENTS BY CLICKING YOUR CHOSEN EVENT BELOW:
1. $5 curry from Babaji's South Indian restaurant - GET IT HERE
2. $5 meal from Digging for Fire food truck - GET IT HERE
3. Sushi making (make sushi and eat what you make!) - REGISTER HERE
4. FREE African Drumming Circle Class - REGISTER HERE
5. FREE 20 minute workshop: ‘Parenting the emotional teen’ with psychologist Dr Katie Wyman
6. FREE ‘How To Adult’ workshop with Aimee Stanton - REGISTER HERE
7. 1$ (one dollar) barista made coffee (normally $4) from the Kellie Bean coffee roaster - GET IT HERE
8. Face painting (no registration needed)
9. Free smoothies from our super smoothie making bikes (no registration needed - we recommend lining up early)
10. Apple coring for kids (and adults!) with our dietitians - see what they do here
11. Colouring in and fine motor skills activities for kids
12. We now have 14 door prizes: Win 1 of 5 tickets (including one double pass) to Trees Adventure in Belgrave, one of five $30 Coles / Myer gift cards plus three ‘1 Month’ memberships and one 3 month membership to any Belgravia leisure centre/gym in Victoria.
The well known and much loved Babaji's Kitchen South Indian Food Truck will be at the Hub along with the popular and delicious Digging For Fire BBQ food truck. The first 100 people
ABOUT THE BELGRAVE HUB
The Belgrave Hub serves the local community as an active learning centre. A range of health and emergency support services can now be accessed from the Hub. Yarra Ranges families are benefiting from these allied health and emergency support services, including occupational therapy (OT), physiotherapy, speech therapy, counselling, youth counselling, dietetics, podiatry, Yarra Ranges Council's Maternal and Child Health services and emergency relief health services. Find out more about the Belgrave Hub here.
For information about the event: email@example.com
Call Inspiro Health Services: 9738 8853
Call Council's Maternal and Child Health services: 1300 368 333
LOCATION OF THE BELGRAVE HUB
The Belgrave Hub, is located at 1616-1624 Burwood Highway, Belgrave
OPENING HOURS OF THE BELGRAVE HUB
Inspiro Belgrave, and is open from 8.45am – 4.45pm Monday to Friday.
INSPIRO HEALTH SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE BELGRAVE HUB
- Adult occupational therapy
- Adult speech therapy
- Children's speech therapy
- Children's occupational therapy
- Diabetes education
- Dental (coming soon)
- Needle syringe exchange program
- Social support