Free youth counselling services at Inspiro
Our free counselling service is for young people aged between 12 – 25 years who may be dealing with depression, anxiety, bullying, harassment, managing relationships or any other issue. The service is helpful for young people who may be feeling down, stressed out, anxious or confused, or need help to gain life skills and build their confidence.
This service is funded by the Yarra Ranges council and provided at Lilydale, Belgrave, Yarra Junction and Healesville.. Call 9028 0153 to speak to us.
Want to know more about our Inspiro Youth Counsellors….
Even if you've heard of us before you may not know all that much about us or our staff. Inspiro provides a wide range of health services from our Lilydale, Healesville and Belgrave clinics, and other community venues including counselling at Yarra Junction. Find out about were our staff came from, what they enjoy and why they do what they do below.
Vanessa is one of the Youth Counsellors at Inspiro. Vanessa provides one to one counselling with young people, facilitates groups and works within schools.
Vanessa has many years of experience working with young people and youth, specialising in a variety of areas including mental health and homelessness. She has experience with counselling in private practice and has also done some teaching in the youth work field. She has a degree in youth work and a graduate diploma in counselling.
Vanessa loves spending time with family and friends, going for runs with her dog and watching pretty much anything on TV.
Hayley is a Youth Counsellor, working with young people in a one on one capacity as well as group facilitating. Hayley works from both our Lilydale and Belgrave sites and is connected to schools in the Upper Yarra Valley.
Hayley has completed a Bachelor of Psychological Science and a Masters of Clinical Counselling. Hayley has a passion for working with young people and assisting them on their journey to be the best versions of themselves.
Hayley loves being active in her spare time, practicing yoga and going for walks.
Sabatinie (or Saba) is one of our Youth Counsellors at Inspiro. She works within schools, at our Lilydale and Belgrave sitse, focusing on providing one on one counselling to a variety of young people, as well as facilitating groups.
Saba completed a Bachelor of Science (majoring in Psychology), Graduate Diploma of Psychology and Masters of Counselling, and has worked as a counsellor for young people for over 3 years in high schools and community health.
Saba loves dogs of all kinds (so feel free to show her photos of your dogs), mixed netball and swimming.
Lara is our Youth Engagement Worker. She is focused on promoting our Youth Counselling service to young people, parents, schools and community agencies in the Yarra Ranges.
Lara has a Bachelor of Humanities and Social Sciences, Bachelor of Teaching (Honours) and a Graduate Diploma in Community Services (Solving the Jigsaw Facilitation Training).
Lara has lived and worked in the Yarra Ranges for many years and has worked in community agencies and local government. She has a passion to support young people in the community. Lara has also been a teacher in inner city Melbourne and remote Northern Territory. Lara loves living in the Yarra Ranges and going for long walks.
Information and resources about youth counselling and common issues faced by youth and young adults
- 5 signs your child is spending too much time online: What too much screen time is doing to your child
- 10 ways to build relationships with your teen children
- Over 65% of teens have experienced cyber bullying: 5 ways to protect your children online
- When mean girls make your daughter’s life hell: The negative side effects of social media: cyber bullying
- Learn about Inspiro's free youth, young adult and family counselling here: Free youth and family counselling
- Find out how a mother was able to help her struggling son at high school here: Transition to high school
- For teens, how to deal with school and parents: Stressed depressed or anxious at school: How to deal
- Depression and anxiety are among the most common health conditions experienced by males
- See what too much screen time is doing to teenagers: Too much screen time causing serious damage
- Free social skills group for young people with autism is a Social skills development group for youth aged 12–17 years with autism
- Counselling for depression, anxiety and stress: Counselling for depression anxiety and stress
- The top ten issues for young people: 1. Coping with stress - 43.1% of young people were extremely concerned
- The day my high school results were released was devastating: Coping with disappointing year 12 results
Inspiro provides youth, teen, young adult and family counselling at no cost
Inspiro provides family counselling, psychology, counselling for depression and grief and youth counselling services to the outer east and outer south eastern suburbs of Melbourne including but no limited to: Badger Creek, Bayswater, Bayswater North, Belgrave, Belgrave Heights, Belgrave South, Boronia, Chirnside Park, Coldstream, Croydon North, Croydon, Croydon Hills, East Warburton, Emerald, Ferny Creek, Healesville, Heathmont, Hoddles Creek, Kallista, Kalorama, Kilsyth South, Kilsyth, Launching Place, Lilydale, Lysterfield, Macclesfield, Menzies Creek, Millgrove, Monbulk, Montrose, Mooroolbark, Mount Dandenong, Mount Evelyn, Narre Warren East, Olinda, Ringwood, Ringwood North, Sassafras, Selby, Seville, Seville East, Silvan, Tecoma, The Patch, The Basin, Tremont, Upper Ferntree Gully, Upwey, Wandin, Wandin North, Warrandyte South, Warranwood, Warburton, Wesburn, Wonga Park, Woori Yallock, Yarra Valley, Yarra Glen, Yarra Junction and Yellingbo.