Crafty marketing and new studies questioning the health benefits of certain foods can make understanding what to eat and drink difficult.
Restrictive diets don’t usually work in the long term. At Inspiro we believe in eating delicious foods that also help us achieve our goals, have more energy and feel healthier. Life is much too short to not feel great and eat well.
The snacks below are versatile enough that you can take them to work with you or eat them at home. To find out more about healthy foods, the best amounts to eat in one sitting and how to get the best out of life through your food choices contact our dietitians, Call Tracey on 9028 0153.
14 healthy plant based snack ideas provided by our qualified dietitian, Tracey Higgins:
- TIP 1 - 1 piece or 1 cup of Fresh Fruit (the more variety the better)
- TIP 2 - ½ cup Stewed/tinned fruit in natural juice
- TIP 3 - 25-35g of mixed nuts & seeds
- TIP 4 - 1 ½ tablespoon of dried fruit
- TIP 5 - 2-3 sticks of celery, carrot or other vegetables with 2 tbsp of hummus, tzatziki dip or avocado dip
- TIP 6 - 1 cup of plain popcorn
- TIP 7 - Roasted chick peas or broad beans
- TIP 8 - Celery stick with 100% nut paste
- TIP 9 - 1 slice of raisin bread or multigrain toast
- TIP 10 - 15-20 olives
- TIP 11 - 3-4 sundried tomatoes
- TIP 12 - Cup of home-made vegetable soup
- TIP 13 - Instead of a soft drink or coffee drink water and/or herbal tea infusions
- TIP 14 - Either: 2 whole grain biscuits, multigrain corn thins, ½ a wholemeal English muffin or a thin slice of seeded whole meal bread - Top it off with tomato, cucumber or other salad with salmon, tuna or sliced boiled egg.
Healthy food platters: 14 yummy, healthy platter ideas
Here's how to buy the best groceries: Dietitian led local supermarket tours - Buy the best groceries for you and your family
Healthy energy bars: Tasty Ancient grains granola bars with dates, peanut butter, honey and chia
A healthier brownies recipe for those with a sweet tooth: A rich recipe that is a healthier alternative to the normal brownies
Pesto and chicken salad: This recipe from Toby and Laura has 3 separate variations
8 homemade nut-free lunchbox snacks and recipe's
Inspiro's health services:
Inspiro offers dental services, podiatry, speech therapy, dietetics and nutrition advice, help and assistance, expert diabetes management advice and physiotherapy.
We also offer general, family counselling, drug and alcohol counselling, family violence counselling, counselling for anxiety, depression, loss and grief, Peri Natal depression, counselling for social anxiety and development of social skills, youth counselling, help with eating disorders, a stop smoking clinic and more.
Call us now on 03 9028 0153