Tracey Higgins – Inspiro dietitian
A common question I get is "what is the healthiest breakfast cereal?" And my answer is.....
Very few if any prepackaged foods on the market are as healthy as a muesli you can easily make yourself.
Try this tasty muesli that is easy to make, the dried fruit gives it a lovely 'pop' of sweetness, this is an easy nutritious breakfast. I love mine with a good quality Greek style yogurt and a few berries.
Super healthy home made muesli
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup of sultanas or other dried fruit
- 1 cup of flaked almonds – toasted then cooled
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ¾ cup walnuts – chopped
- 1/3 cup linseed (flaxseed)
- ¼ - 1/3 cup of chia seeds
- ¼ cup LSA (linseed, Sunflower & Almonds)
- 1/2 cup hemp seed
Mix together and store in an airtight container. Serve with milk and/or yogurt and a few berries if desired.