Inspiro’s adults speech therapy helps adults who need support with their communication. This service is provided in Lilydale and will soon be available in Belgrave.
Inspiro’s Adult Speech Therapy Service
Inspiro’s adult speech therapy service provides help for people with communication, cognition, swallowing or voice problems. These speech issues may be caused by stroke, degenerative neurological conditions, head injury, respiratory and medical conditions, surgery and ageing.
Inspiro’s speech therapists can help with
- Swallowing issues including coughing and choking when eating and/or drinking.
- Difficulty with speaking clearly.
- Difficulty thinking of words and/or constructing a sentence.
- Difficulty with reading and writing.
- Difficulty with understanding spoken or written information.
- Difficulty with cognition in relation to your communication skills; for example, forgetting information you have heard, finding it hard to plan, organise or problem solve different situations.
- Social skills relating to communicating; taking turns in conversation, staying on a topic when speaking.
- Difficulty with your voice including problems with changing your volume, feeling strain or pain in your throat, a change in the sound or quality of your voice, reduced endurance and strength of your voice.
- Problems with saliva control and or a dry mouth.
This service is available in Lilydale (Belgrave coming soon) and is for adults over the age of 18. We provide assessments and individual therapy.
The Inspiro Communication Chat Group - Speech Therapy
The Inspiro communication speech therapy chat group is a speech service for people who have had a stroke, run by a qualified Speech Pathologist.
The Inspiro Communication Chat Group is for people who have had a stroke and experience communication difficulties as result. The group will provide individuals the opportunity to work toward achieving their communication goals, practice and generalise their use of communication strategies and increase their confidence to communicate in a group setting.
Who We Help
We provide adult speech therapy services to residents in:
Badger Creek, Bayswater, Bayswater North, Belgrave, Belgrave Heights, Belgrave South, Boronia, Chirnside Park, Coldstream, Croydon North, Croydon, Croydon Hills, East Warburton, Emerald, Ferny Creek, Healesville, Heathmont, Hoddles Creek, Kallista, Kaloroma, Kilsyth South, Kilsyth, Launching Place, Lilydale, Lysterfield, Macclesfield, Menzies Creek, Millgrove, Monbulk, Montrose, Mooroolbark, Mount Dandenong, Mount Evelyn, Narre Warren East, Olinda, Ringwood, Ringwood North, Sassafras, Selby, Seville, Seville East, Silvan, Tecoma, The Patch, Tremont, Upper Ferntree Gully, Upwey, Wandin, Wandin North, Warrandyte South, Warranwood, Warburton, Wesburn, Wonga Park, Woori Yallock, Yarra Valley, Yarra Glen, Yarra Junction, Yellingbo, Yarra Ranges council and Maroondah council.
Join our community
Want free info about Victoria’s secret farm gate produce and where to get it, healthy living tips and Inspiro’s other events and other services? Subscribe to our free newsletter service here
Inspiro offers a range of services
Inspiro is a not-for-profit health service that provides interest free loans, nutrition, weight management and healthy eating advice and many other services. Our primary locations for service are located at 17 Clarke Street Lilydale and 3/1527 Burwood Highway Tecoma.
Inspiro also provides dental, physiotherapy, counselling, occupational therapy, adult speech therapy, child speech therapy, podiatry, child & family support, dietetics & nutrition advice, diabetes education, an on-site GP & skin clinic, small loans for those in need and My Aged Care and aged care services to the Yarra Ranges community.
WHO CAN USE THIS SERVICE?
HOW MUCH DOES THIS COST?
Fees can be found in the 'Inspiro Fees' download below.
HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
Call us on 9738 8801